We offer observations on the human condition from an 84 year old mind trapped in an 84 year old body.
NOBODY ASKED ME BUT
There is no doubt that Trump is the elephant in the room of the Republican party
Since Donald is such a great leader, why not give him command of troops in Afghanistan?
Is there a magic number which is the cutoff point for no more Republican candidates?
I wonder why John McCain and Mitt Romney are not running once again. After all, sometimes they made sense?
Something curious in the fact that only one candidate is a female. I wonder why?
Say whatever happened to Herman Cain?
I bet Sarah Palin is just chomping at the bit to enter this shootout.
The most common refrain from Jews these days is that Israel is SURROUNDED and thus is must be on guard against the bad guys. Whether it is Bill Maher or Fox News the refrain is always the same. Please excuse any actions that Israel might take because on every side of the nation is a bad,bad country ready and able to attack. Well, examine the situation:
1. Egypt is currently confronting a civil war from Islamic terrorists and her main desire is to work WITH Israel against these terrorists. Oh,a and the last time Egyptian soldiers fought any army was forty five years ago.
2. At this moment, Jordan is hosting about one million refugees from Syria. Jordan is incapable, even if she desired to fight ANY NATION!
3. Saudi Arabia has already reached out to Israel seeking a way to attain peace. OH, latest figures indicate less than 20% of Saudi even view Israel as a major enemy.
4. No need to mention Syria or Iraq.
5. Hezbollah is in Lebanon but there is no indication it desires or can handle a war with Israel
OH, Israel has EIGHTY ATOMIC BOMBS. So, who exactly is surrounding who?
Posted in Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, Iraq War, Israel, john kerry, Middle East, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Ron Paul, Rudy Giuliani, United States, US Foreign Policy, War, World News
It is July 4 and a time Republicans learned a bit of American history.
1. None of our Founding Fathers would ever have believed corporations were people!
2. Our Founding Fathers were firm believers that you had a right to adhere to your religion, but you did NOT have a right to impose them on government. Such much for the Hobby Lobby idea that your religious beliefs prevented you from following the law.
3. Our Founding Fathers did understand that some taxes were necessary to deal with government debt.
4. Our Founding Fathers put in the 2nd Amendment to protect MILITIAS not individuals
5. Thomas Jefferson reached out to Federalists in his inaugural address -there was need for parties to work together.
6. Most of our Founding Fathers were not in love with wealthy businessmen.
7. The Constitution was the outcome of COMPROMISES.
8. Our Founding Fathers would be horrified that government could intrude into the homes of citizens. So much for the NSA.
Posted in Barack Obama, Christianity, Conservatives, Democrats, Education, Gender Issues, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, john kerry, Judaism, Liberals, Military, Mitt Romney, Peace, Politics, Religion, Republicans, Ron Paul, United States, US Foreign Policy, World News