Each day witnesses the growth of Boko Haram fanatics seizing more land in Nigeria, kidnapping more women and children, and making a mockery of the so-called Nigerian “army.” In simple English, what passes for an “army”in Nigeria is a collection of frightened men who lack weapons and are happy if they are paid once a year. It is time for a plan of action:
1. There is need for an African Union army of at least ten thousand men.
2. There is need for an air force from the United States, France and England.
3. There is need for at least one thousand military trainers from the US and France.
4. There is need to unleash the drones of peace, or should I say, the drones of war.
5. There is need for the retraining and arming of a Nigerian army.
Of course, this would require President Goodluck Jonanthan to display some pluck.