The onset of winter leads to a sense of the blues in those areas of the nation in which people must endure winter weather and snow. We offer some tips on how society can end the blues for those who must endure this form of despair:
1. No more TV shows in which Mike Huckabee declaims about the evil un-American folks who live on the west or east shows. Last night on Jon Stewart he insisted those on the coasts are not really true Americans. Sorry Mike, but a few million men from the east and west coasts risked their lives in World War II, the Korean War, and the war in Vietnam. Exactly what did the chubby minister of God ever do to help save America?
2. An end to Beyonce and her demanding body. Frankly, she turns me off with her pseudo sense of power.
3. I would be so happy watching a TV show in which Rupert Murdoch explains why he created Fox News for we Americans. Or, he can head home to Australia and pester those people.
4. Allow me to watch a football game on TV without having to hear those inane comments from the blond haired woman on the sidelines who thinks she knows something about a game she never played.
5. I would so love to go to the movies and watch a film in which there was an issue other than than walking zombies and ghouls.
Oh well, at least the snow is pleasant to look at.