Just about every polling organization reports a surge for members of the Republican party and they will gain control over both houses of our legislature. For some reason, those who inhabit this country are convinced they are living through bad times which are the result of actions by the President and the Democratic Party. Let’s look at the record:
1. We did not experience another Depression, one that originally was created by actions of the Republican party.
2. Obama inherited an unemployment rate of 10%, and today it is closer to 6%.
3. Over fifty million Americans lacked any form of health insurance, and now at least seven million of that group have health care.
4. A few laws have been passed to control Wall Street, not enough, but at least a beginning.
5. Our troops are no longer in Iraq in fighting roles, now only in supportive roles.
6. We soon will be out of Afghanistan.
So, what went wrong?
1. President Obama has failed as a communicator of good news.
2. President Obama has failed in the role of providing Americans with a sense that he is a leader.
3. President Obama has bungled simple issues and transformed them into major “disasters.” Example, the Ebola event. This is a simple case of a disease, and his bungling approach has transformed a non-event into a major disaster.
In other words, blame it on the man from Illinois, and I don’t mean Abraham Lincoln!
Posted in Africa, Barack Obama, Christianity, Conservatives, Democrats, Education, Gender Issues, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, john kerry, Latin America, Liberals, Middle East, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Muslims, Peace, Politics, Religion, Republicans, United States, US Foreign Policy, War, World News