Just about every polling organization reports a surge for members of the Republican party and they will gain control over both houses of our legislature. For some reason, those who inhabit this country are convinced they are living through bad times which are the result of actions by the President and the Democratic Party. Let’s look at the record:
1. We did not experience another Depression, one that originally was created by actions of the Republican party.
2. Obama inherited an unemployment rate of 10%, and today it is closer to 6%.
3. Over fifty million Americans lacked any form of health insurance, and now at least seven million of that group have health care.
4. A few laws have been passed to control Wall Street, not enough, but at least a beginning.
5. Our troops are no longer in Iraq in fighting roles, now only in supportive roles.
6. We soon will be out of Afghanistan.
So, what went wrong?
1. President Obama has failed as a communicator of good news.
2. President Obama has failed in the role of providing Americans with a sense that he is a leader.
3. President Obama has bungled simple issues and transformed them into major “disasters.” Example, the Ebola event. This is a simple case of a disease, and his bungling approach has transformed a non-event into a major disaster.
In other words, blame it on the man from Illinois, and I don’t mean Abraham Lincoln!
Posted in Africa, Barack Obama, Christianity, Conservatives, Democrats, Education, Gender Issues, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, john kerry, Latin America, Liberals, Middle East, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Muslims, Peace, Politics, Religion, Republicans, United States, US Foreign Policy, War, World News
There is no longer a mystery about the behavior of Barack Obama in his role as President of the United States of America. The last time we Americans elected a college professor to the presidency was in 1912 when former Princeton University Professor Woodrow Wilson gained the White House. Just like former Professor Barack Obama, Wilson had some excellent ideas and did get important laws passed. But, like all college professors he much preferred giving lectures to the students who were the American people rather than engaging with them in an interactive debate. Wilson spoke TO people and he spoke Down to people. Barack Obama has the mind of a college professor, he gives the lecture, students take notes, and feed back to him what he said. If they fail to grasp what he said, tough luck, he always speaks clearly in his lectures and failure to understand what he said lies with the listener.
The one lesson we Americans who want a just society can learn from electing a college professor is never to do this again. Barack Obama never grasped the symbolism which is part of being President. He proceeded on HIS program regardless of whether he had persuaded Americans it was the right program. Instead of simply extending Medicare to all Americans, he invented a convoluted program known as the Affordable Care Act which even today, most do not understand. A great President is a great POLITICIAN. This was never understood by Obama. He, like most young Americans, regards POLITICS as something dirty. America comprises vast space and vast numbers of people. They must be organized and that includes compromise and paying attention to diverse needs and goals. College professors are always in charge and if you do not do what they want, the letter grade, F will ensue. In Politics, the letter grade, F, is given to the professor!