Most people in the West are confused as to why young, frequently educated men and women give up their life in the West and head off to do the jihad dance. So, why engage in such dangerous activities?
1. The main attraction for people in the West is –how much money can I make?The modern heroes are this with huge wealth. Sorry, this is not exactly what Jesus believed.How can any intelligent Christian take pride in the embrace of wealth as the emblem of success.
2. Young people are seeking heroes. Just examine the 17 seeking the Republican nomination, not a single one is a hero. The same applies to young Muslims, is there a single Imam who stands out as a leader of peace?
3. The West has been transformed into a playground for the wealthy. How can a young person feel a sense of pride when told those who lack money are inferior humans?
4. There is simply no version of modern Islam that attracts a high percent of Muslims. What exactly does modern Islam offer the young?
5. All too many young Muslims believe they are trapped in a world that glorifies “things” rather than human values.
Put it this way, most Muslim terrorists are simply an Arab version of Donald Trump–hot and cliches to solve problems!
Posted in Africa, Barack Obama, Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, Education, Egypt, Fred Thompson, Gender Issues, Human Rights, john kerry, Middle East, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Peace, Politics, Ron Paul, Rudy Giuliani
Let me get straight the current Republican version as to what happened in Iraq:
After some blunders by President George Bush, he got things straight with the famous “surge” and al-Qaeda was ready to surrender. Then, this black dude assumed the presidency, and refused to support George’s successful ideas. The result was the current chaos.
General Ray Odierno, who was part of the Surge, but is now Chief of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, has a slightly different version. According to the General, “I remind everybody that us leaving at the end of 2011 was negotiated by the BUSH ADMINISTRATION. That was always the plan. We promised them(Iraq government) that we would respect their sovereignty.” The Maliki government insisted that American troops would be subject to Iraq law. When, they refused to back down on this point, President Obama had troops leave.
I can just imagine the reaction of Republicans to President Obama allowing American troops to be subject to Sharia law!
Posted in Barack Obama, Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, Education, Gender Issues, George Bush, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, Iraq, Iraq War, john kerry, Middle East, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul, Rudy Giuliani, US Foreign Policy, World News