The other day I was thinking about key issues confronting America and realized that few speeches by Republicans ever mention these “minor”problems. For example:
1. Our Third World infrastructure which just got front page news when a commuter train in New Jersey slammed into a train station.
2. The ongoing story of Student Debt which prevents millions of young people from purchasing homes and stimulating the economy.
3. The denial of voting rights to a few million Americans who are blocked from voting by laws demanding voter ID even though the State Government does not issue this item to inhabitants of the state.
4. The need for an economic revival plan to provide meaningful decent paying jobs for those in poverty.
5. Retraining our police forces to ensure that shooting is only done as the LAST RESORT.
6. Developing a long term plan to confront the issue of automation ending jobs.
7. Rethinking the meaning of education in the 21st century.
8. The ever present issue of unequal pay for women.
9.The ever present issue of women being able to decide what is best for their bodies.
10. Oh, and there are a few items dealing with the world outside the US.