About sixteen years ago Ralph Nader, the man who believes he is always on the side of virtue and decency obtained enough votes that allowed George Bush to become president of the United States and thus cause the lives of millions to wind up dead, a refugee or a captive in the hands of terrorists. There is a good chance the candidacy of Bernie Sanders will wind up with similar results.
Stage One: Bernie said he was simply trying to get Hillary Clinton to move further to the left and come out against the wealthy.
Stage Two: Bernie got prime time to urge America to fight agains the top one percent of bastard who run this nation. At this point, he was not so much focused on running for president so much as changing the dialogue and getting the Democratic party to live out its liberal credentials.
Stage Three: Today. Bernie is going to do anything he can to become the nominee for president even if it means destroying Hillary Clinton as a candidate. At this point Bernie most probably believes that a Trump or Cruz president will destroy the Republican party and allow him in four years to become the president. Bernie increasingly is becoming a new Ralph Nader.
Posted in Barack Obama, bernie Sanders, Conservatives, Democrats, Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, Donald Trump, Education, Gender Issues, George Bush, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, Islam, Judaism, Liberals, Middle East, Military, Mitt Romney, Muslims, Politics, Religion, Republicans, Satire, Ted Cruz, United States, US Foreign Policy, War, World News
We have now been treated to several months of Republican candidates pontificating on how they would handle foreign policy. Let me sum up their “ideas.”
1. Bomb whatever is moving. Who the hell knows how or why bombing guys who are hiding will result in their deaths.
2. Restore the American military to what it once was. The US military budget is nearly $60o billion. That is greater than the next six nations. Oh, we have 12 Carrier groups and the Chinese navy has ONE old aircraft carrier.
3. Ted insists that he even knows where the Middle East is, but the only one that he surpasses in knowledge is Donald Trump.
4. Let’s build a wall on our southern border. I assume that is an example of foreign policy.
5. Let’s NOT build a wall on our northern border. Gee, do you think terrorists might figure out it is OK to get in by the northern border?
6. Be tough with China. Whatever that means.
7. Fuck NATO. Now that is a great example of foreign policy.
Posted in Asia, Barack Obama, bernie Sanders, Conservatives, Democrats, Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, Donald Trump, Europe, Gender Issues, George Bush, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, Iraq War, john kerry, Liberals, Middle East, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Peace, Politics, Religion, Ron Paul, Rudy Giuliani, Satire, Ted Cruz, United States, US Foreign Policy, War, World News