The latest news from Iraq is that ISIS is still around and continues to fight back against planes and soldiers from Iraq and a few dozen other nations in the Middle East. Just when it was thought ISIS was on the run, they are now running straight for the city of Ramadi in Anbar province. So, what is happening?
1. Thousands of fanatics are streaming into Iraq from all parts of the Muslim world in order to partake of an opportunity to die for Allah.
2. For some strange reason these men — and women– continue to obtain arms in order to carry on the fight.
3. ISIS continues to behead while opponents continue to bomb.
4. ISIS followers BELIEVE. It is doubtful if most Iraq soldiers believe in anything other than their pay check.
5. It is a war between devout believers who claim to be carrying out the will of God vs soldiers who are doing a job.
6. ISIS fanatics are to Iraq what Tea Party fanatics are to the USA. People consumed with hate and who believe God is on their side
Opponents of ISIS must have a dream. They need leaders who will inspire. At this moment no such leaders are present in the Middle East other than those who head groups such as IIS. I wonder if there are moderate imams who can inspire?