The Republican party is allegedly the party of business interests so it is rather bizarre that business leaders are making clear their disappointment with anti gender discrimination by Republican legislatures and governors. Pepsi head Indira Nooyi has informed the governor of North Carolina that its state faces the prospect of losing millions of dollars of investments and thousands of jobs because of action by the legislature to prevent cities from passing anti-gender discrimination laws. Of course, the Republican base and candidates such as Ted Cruz and now,Donald Trump, are demanding the halt of protection for those in the LBGT cohort.
At least 120 business heads have made clear they will not invest in states that allow gender discrimination. Washington D.C. has already banned any city official to travel to North Carolina.This trend will become the norm in many states. So,which is it, discrimination or jobs? Sorry Bernie, you can’t cater to white male voters on this one. Sorry,Donald, stand up for discrimination and you stand down for jobs!
Posted in Barack Obama, bernie Sanders, Catholics, Christianity, Conservatives, Donald Trump, Education, Gender Issues, George Bush, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, Liberals, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Peace, Politics, Religion, Republicans, Satire, Ted Cruz, United States, US Foreign Policy, War, World News
The so-called Republican Establishment has reached the bottom of the barrel and now must cling to the ideas of Ted Cruz as their salvation from the Donald Trump heroics. The current hero is an individual whose ideas include:
1. Ending the IRS and replacing it with post cards. Of course, we assume each and every American will just tell the truth about their income.
2. Carpet bomb terrorists in Syria. How or why is an interesting question? I assume Ted believes ISIS will stand up and watch themselves get bombed.
3. Patrol Muslim neighborhoods. Oh, the believer in Original Intent of our Founding Fathers certainly believed in this concept.
4. This is the man Lindsay Graham once said lacked a single US Senator as his friend.
5. This is the candidate that Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio derided for his nutty ideas.
6. This is a man who wants abortion made a crime.
7. This is a candidate who wants to deport 12,000,000 people!
Besides these minor issues, Ted stands strong when compared to the Donald man.
Posted in Barack Obama, bernie Sanders, Christianity, Conservatives, Democrats, Donald Trump, Education, Gender Issues, George Bush, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, Iraq War, Islam, Judaism, Latin America, Liberals, Middle East, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Muslims, Peace, Politics, Republicans, Rudy Giuliani, Satire, Ted Cruz, United States, US Foreign Policy, World News