On Monday the Republican convention begins which means, finally, finally, it is the end of the primary battles to decide who is the nominee. We thought it only appropriate to offer a fond farewell to those brave souls who once sought to become the Republican candidate for president.
1. I asked my wife if she recalled Bobby Jindal. Her response, as that of millions, most probably was” “Who?” She had no clue who this guy was or what he ever did. Does anyone know he was a governor of Louisiana?
2. Mike Huckabee is among my favorites. No one was better at displaying his direct contact with God, who he promised was a closet Republican.
3. Carly, Carly, stumbling over chairs, falling off platforms, and shouting with a loud voice that she hated Hillary more than the other candidates hated her. Stumble on through life.
4. Jeb,Jeb, thee of the Bush clan, defeated, but unbowed. Have a beer for me and jump out of a plane with dad.
5. Ben Carson, some seek the presidency in order to pass some laws, Ben, had but one dream –to sell his books and pray to God.
6. Rand Paul, son of a Paul who also sought the presidency, like father like son, gracefully disappearing into the shadows of life.
7. Scott Walker, he disappeared so soon, we never got a chance to learn why he was incompetent and a nasty little man.
8. Rick Perry, so sorry they never asked you to name members of the Cabinet this time around. You were prepped with the names of two such people.
9. Ted Cruz, self righteous, bombastic, believer he was the smartest one in class, and the one destined to become school president.
10. Chris Christie, the only one who left the race to become a valet and shoe shine buddy of Donald Trump.
We miss these guys and the dozen others who also ran.