As one who spent over forty years living in the St.Louis area, any story that concerns young men firing guns and police responding with blasts of their weapons is not a surprise. For over thirty years the city of St. Louis has ranked among the top five cities in which murders occur. After the Michael Brown incident in the suburb city of Ferguson, one would assume St. Louis city police would be careful in discharged of their weapons. Alas, such is not the case. Following is the scenario that resulted in the death of still another black skinned St. Louis area young man:
1. An off duty St. Louis police officer was working as a security guard in the Shaw area.
2. He spotted three black skinned young men walking.
3. Naturally, he assumed they were evil men.
4. He began to pursue the boys.
5. The boys began to run.
6. The officer hopped in his car and gave pursuit.
Stop at this point. Boys were walking. They had NOT committed any crime!
7. The officer became engaged in a fight with the boys, one had a gun. He fired the gun.
8. Naturally, the off duty police officer had to blast away with SEVENTEEN shots.
9. Veritt Myers is now dead.
I await the riot.