We have now been treated to several months of Republican candidates pontificating on how they would handle foreign policy. Let me sum up their “ideas.”
1. Bomb whatever is moving. Who the hell knows how or why bombing guys who are hiding will result in their deaths.
2. Restore the American military to what it once was. The US military budget is nearly $60o billion. That is greater than the next six nations. Oh, we have 12 Carrier groups and the Chinese navy has ONE old aircraft carrier.
3. Ted insists that he even knows where the Middle East is, but the only one that he surpasses in knowledge is Donald Trump.
4. Let’s build a wall on our southern border. I assume that is an example of foreign policy.
5. Let’s NOT build a wall on our northern border. Gee, do you think terrorists might figure out it is OK to get in by the northern border?
6. Be tough with China. Whatever that means.
7. Fuck NATO. Now that is a great example of foreign policy.
Posted in Asia, Barack Obama, bernie Sanders, Conservatives, Democrats, Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, Donald Trump, Europe, Gender Issues, George Bush, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, Iraq War, john kerry, Liberals, Middle East, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Peace, Politics, Religion, Ron Paul, Rudy Giuliani, Satire, Ted Cruz, United States, US Foreign Policy, War, World News