Every Republican candidate for President yells the same mantra–Obama refused to leave American soldiers and once they are president there will be more boots on the ground. Not a single one has the faintest idea why a decade after Saddam Hussein was defeated and then executed, there is nothing but chaos in Iraq. So, what went wrong?
1. The Americans disbanded the Iraq Army and allowed one million men to head home with arms. Nothing was done to work with Iraq officers to establish law and order. If there was one thing those dudes understood was how to impose law and order.
2. At the time of 9/11 Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda, at best,numbered about 2,000. The US invasion opened opportunities for al-Qaeda to recruit thousands of followers determined to drive out the infidels. Guess who were the “infidels?”
3. Since day one of the end of Saddam, one corrupt group of Iraq leaders after another group of corrupt leaders has been in charge of Iraq
4. Actually, Joe Biden at the time uttered some common sense– establish a federal concept in which Sunni Iraqis had their own state. This would have destroyed al-Qaeda.
5. Bush folk pushed for installation of Prime Minister Maliki whose goal was to crush Sunnis and allow his pals to get rich while running Iraq.
CORRUPTION STUPIDITY ARROGANCE THE-HELL-WITH-SUNNIS WAS THE MOTTO OF IRAQ GOVERNMENTS.
Yes, Carly,we need more boots on the ground.
Posted in Barack Obama, Conservatives, Democrats, Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, Education, Gender Issues, George Bush, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, Iraq War, Islam, Liberals, Middle East, Military, Multicultural, Muslims, Peace, Religion, Republicans, Ron Paul, United States, US Foreign Policy, War, World News
Russian troops are headed to Syria. Reports indicate at least one thousand Russian soldiers have landed, they are constructing housing and other facilities to establish a military presence in the country. There are also reports that tanks are being sent and all indications are the Russians are prepared to do battle. So, what is the Putin plan:
1. Stabilize the Syrian situation and ensure the rebels cannot win.
2. Care out a safe area around Damascus which is free of any rebel forces.
3. Sit down and have a quiet talk with President Bashar al-Assad.
4. Identify a successor to the man who has completely destroyed his nation.
5. Persuade America to go along with the Putin Solution to Syria.
At least it it a Plan. At this point, President Obama lacks any Plan.
Posted in Barack Obama, Conservatives, Education, Gender Issues, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, Iraq War, Middle East, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Peace, Politics, Russia, Syria, United States, US Foreign Policy, War, World News
In theory, Turkey is allegedly an ally of the United States and NATO, and has been so for over fifty years. But, its leader, Recep Erdogan is a man with one goal in life, and that has nothing to do with ISIS or al-Qaeda or any other terrorist group. He seeks POWER,that is for himself. At this point in time, Kurdish soldiers are among the most fearless in the war against ISIS. They are among the few groups that have actually defeated ISIS in battle. BUT, to Recep Erdogan, they are THE enemy!He is attempting to stir up anger and fear against Kurds in order to win an election. He has transformed Kurds into the greatest threat confronting Turkey.
Ironically, for years he has been arguing the importance of reaching an agreement with Kurds who live in Turkey since previous governments have never attempted reaching out in peace. But, when his Justice and Development Party suffered an electoral defeat, Erdogan decided to play the “Kurdish card” of hate. So, he bombs Kurdish forces in Iraq and Syria rather than ISIS forces. Such is the behavior of America’s “ally.”
Posted in Barack Obama, Conservatives, Democrats, Education, Gender Issues, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, Iraq War, Islam, Liberals, Middle East, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Muslims, Peace, Politics, Religion, Turkey, United States, US Foreign Policy, War, World News