There is one pattern that has existed throughout the Obama administration, and that is his inept political ability to sell a good idea. Obama always behaves like a college professor who lectures and then assumes his “students” understand what was presented. Compared to Theodore or Franklin Roosevelt or John Kennedy or Abe Lincoln, Obama has completely failed to SELL his ideas. Sorry Barack, but a great president is a great salesperson.
1. Lincoln was a master of presenting complex ideas along with a joke or a demand that Americans display their greatness as people.
2. John Kennedy on day one of his presidency told the American people “what can you do for America?”
3. In 1940, England faced Nazi Germany alone and had run out of guns and ammunition. Most Americans did not want to go to war. So, in one of his fireside chats with Americans, Franklin Roosevelt used this metaphor: “if your neighbor’s house catches fire, and he comes to you asking to borrow a fire hose, surely, you would give him one. We are going to lend England destroyers and rifles and other equipment.” And, so England got military supplies that enabled it to continue fighting Germany. I have never heard a single metaphor from Obama that enables people to grasp an issue.
4. One night after America was at war, Franklin Roosevelt asked the American people to listen to him as he reviewed where American soldiers were fighting. By late evening, one out of two Americans had listened and followed his analysis of where fighting was going on. How many Americans today even know where Syria or Iraq are? Obama has never discussed these areas of fighting with Americans following with a map.
5. To this day I am shocked that we Americans never received an explanation about Obamacare from the government.
If Obama wants to sell this accord with Iran, he must become a president who talks WITH AMERICANS!