The murder of French satirists is still on our minds. The debate is still on our minds as to what is permissible when it concerns satirists who simply are being satirists since such behavior is within their minds and blood. Australian Foreign Minister, Julia Bishop, raised some key issues concerning satire. “We see satire as an integral part of French society. Satie is controversial, it is provocative, it offense all religions,all political parties, nothing and no one is spared. It is a counter balance against power.” Well said. So, the question is: are their limits to satire and who should exercise such limits?
1. Satire if it is to continue to be satire has no limit. That is the meaning of satire.
2. If one does not like being the object of satire, then engage in a conflict of words rather than a conflict of violence.
3. The world has to encourage satirists to emerge within Muslim nations. How about a Satire Recovery Plan?
4. If the United States of America is to produce political leader such as Ted Cruz, Rick Perry, Marco Rubio, John Boehner, and the rest of the clowns what else do they expect other than ridicule??
5. Then again, a night of Fox News is an experience in how a TV network is engaging in satire without knowing it is engaging in satire.
In the end we need clowns in our lives as well as sane people given that sane people are producing the most bizarre nations in the world!
P.S. I wonder if God is a satirist who created this strange world?