I am a citizen of the United States of America so there is never a doubt in my mind that when a police officer shoots a black kid, the Grand Jury verdict will conclude the unarmed young man posed a threat to the life of the man who held a gun in his hand. In St. Louis County, the Grand Jury decided that Officer Darren Wilson had every right to kill Michael Brown who lacked any weapons. Let me examine the evidence.
1. It is clear there is a bruise on the neck of Officer Wilson and a bruise on his cheek. It is still unclear whether or not these bruises posed a death potentiality to Wilson.
2. Originally, Michael Brown was walking down the street. All accept that scenario.
3. Officer Wilson initiated the encounter.
Anyway, Michael Brown is dead. Officer Wilson is alive. And the city of Ferguson, Missouri is burning bright. Young men and women are looting liquor stores, they are burning business establishments, hundreds of police are watching these events. For some strange reason the Grand Jury decided to release its findings at 8:00 p.m. when hundreds of people were wandering the streets of Ferguson. Any intelligent person would understand the report should have been released at 8:00 a.m. when everyone was sound asleep. But, this is St.Louis and when it comes to racial prejudice this city takes the prize. I speak from the experience of living in this area for forty years. I am NOT amazed at the stupidity of police failing to protect stores from looters. Police are standing in the streets watching the looting and burning.
1. Fury in the hearts of those who are black –or white and believe that Officer Wilson was guilty of something.
2. The people of Ferguson have no immediate place to get food or access a drug store.
3. A small band of looters are now happy.
4. No intelligent proposals for peace came from the Grand Jury.
Fire, fire, burn brightly and burn down the lives of innocent people.