In an effort to clear up the situation in Yemen we offer a reader’s guide to the place known as Yemen:
1. There is a country known as Yemen.
2. In this country are people known as members of al-Qaeda.
3. In this country there is a group of people known as the Houthis who do not like the people from al-Qaeda.
4. There used to be a President named Saleh who the US supported.
5. Now Mr. Saleh is out of power and the US no longer supports him.
6. There is now a President Hadi who hates the Houthi and is now supported by the US.
7. Saudi Arabia and its allies used to like Mr. Saleh but now they like Mr. Hadi.
8. For some reason the Houthi and al-Qaeda are either helping one another while fighting one another.
9. Saudi planes bomb away and just kill anyone down there.
10. The US which sends drones to bomb away does not wish the Saudis to bomb away because they are not as accurate as a drone bomb away.
I trust you now understand who is fighting who and who the US supports– at least for today!
Posted in Barack Obama, Education, Gender Issues, Human Rights, john kerry, Middle East, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Peace, Politics