Senator Marco Rubio is very upset because that man in the White House has decided to open diplomatic relations with Cuba. You know, the land from which Marco’s parents fled in order to flee from tyranny. He terms the President as being the “world’s worst negotiator” which leaves me a bit confused. Either Marco does not want any negotiation with the Castro brothers or he wants a different outcome from the negotiation. For years Marco has been against any form of negotiation. However, if Marco was the President he would have gotten much more from the Castro gang.
1. Fidel would have been compelled to apologize to all Cubans now living in Florida for being a bad man.
2. Fidel would agree to raise wages of all Cuban workers.
3. Fidel would have promised to disband the Cuban armed forces.
4. Fidel would have agreed to give each and every Cuban immigrant to the US a sum of $100,000.
5. Fidel would have promised to welcome Capitalism to Cuba.
As I recall when then President Richard Nixon opened relations with Communist China all he did was agree to exchange Ambassadors. Marco, we have attempted for over half a century to end the Castro regime and it is still there. Enough is enough.