Republicans are constantly warning the American people that its greatest dangers come from Muslim fanatics or Ebola. The frightened masses of Americans went to the polls fearing some terrible danger that lurks on the borders of America, and it must be stopped. It is clear a majority of those who voted–remember that a majority of Americans never cast a ballot– were convinced their vote was a weapon to save America from—??? Less than forty percent of Americans actually cast a ballot. What have we learned from this election. If few Americans DO vote, then laws and restrictions against voting favor conservative forces.. Reality is that fanatics on the right will vote because their hearts are filled with the passion of hate. There is scant doubt that hundreds of thousands of Americans never got a chance to vote. The Republican party did a magnificent job of reducing voting. Reality check: the most important electoral power in possession of Republicans is reducing the number of those who do not vote. It worked!
So, what is the goal of those who seek that America is once again a land in which the right to vote is not abused.
1. A mass program using social media must make Americans aware of what happened to the right to vote in 2014.
2. The president must hold weekly press conferences in which he discusses the right to vote.
3. Groups like the AARP must make the elderly understand that their right to vote is being denied by Republicans.
4. High school teachers must begin to discuss this topic in Social Studies classes.
5. How about wealthy folk purchasing ads on billboards about the right to vote?