Air strikes continue against ISIS in the Middle East. Members of ISIS continue to be killed. There are now reports that some Republicans are ready to vote for authorization of money to fund “appropriately vetted Syrian rebels” in order to get soldiers on the ground to fight ISIS. These Republicans are correct on one point, we do need men on the ground in order to defeat ISIS. But, which idiot in Congress came up with the idea that “Syrian rebels” could be the soldiers on the ground! Actually, there are thousands of potential troops on the ground for Iraq:
1. How about training Iraq soldiers? Yes, they do need training, they need competent officers, and they need to be paid on time.
2. How about twenty thousand from Jordan which has trained soldiers?
3. How about twenty thousand from Egypt? Heck, they are great at blasting away at Egyptians.
4. How about twenty thousand from Saudi Arabia? Heck, they have received billions in arms from the US?
5. How about twenty thousand from Iran?
6. How about twenty thousand from Saudi Arabia. Heck, we have given them billions in arms aid.
There are thousands of Arab soldiers ready to fight.