The situation in Ukraine does not at this moment offer many happy policies for the people of this nation nor does it suggest that Western powers have uncovered a plan that will halt Vladimir Putin without risking the possibility of open war. So, what are the options in this area of the world:
1. Continue present policies and the “rebels”- who really are Russian troops in disguise– will solidify their control of eastern Ukraine.
2. Send arms to Ukraine and it might result in halting eastern forces in their tracks.
3. Send in defensive weapons and this might aid in causing a stalemate.
4. Send in offensive weapons and Putin will freak out and simply send in more Russian troops and weapons.
5. Embargo any and all economic relations with Russia and see what happens.
6. Send in NATO forces and see what Putin does.
Frankly, I lean to economic war which would disrupt NATO nations but not as much as it does Russia.
Posted in Barack Obama, Christianity, Conservatives, Democrats, Education, Europe, Gender Issues, George Bush, Hilary Clinton, Iraq War, Joe Biden, john kerry, Liberals, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Peace, Politics, Religion, Republicans, Rudy Giuliani, Russia, United States, US Foreign Policy, War, World News