There are no cameras rolling, I am not running for any public office so it is possible to discuss the situation in the Middle East with common sense.
1. ISIS is one outcome of the Iraq invasion of 2003.
2. ISIS is one outcome of the disastrous decision of President Bush to disband the Iraq army and send one million men home with gobs of weapons.
3. ISIS represents a portion of al Qaeda. Of course, the original al-Qaeda was formed during the war in Afghanistan against Russia. The CIA provided its weapons.
4. ISIS is an outcome of a Middle East that has languished behind other nations in terms of economic development. Anyone with education has to leave to get a good job–other than killing people.
Defeating ISIS will entail:
1. Vast economic development in the Middle East
2. A new form of the Muslim religion which marries modernity and faith.
3. Honest non-corrupt governments.