The day after the slaughter of the Democratic party, Senator Mitch McConnell made clear to President Barack Obama that he will not tolerate anymore of that man’s radical ideas. He wants Obama to “move to the center.” As I was raised as a Socialist and remain one at heart even though I recognize that modern life has made what we term to be capitalism or Socialism incapable of functioning in a modern economic system. to call Obama a radical or person of the “left” indicates that Mitch has absolutely no idea who is this man we call, President Obama. He is a man of the Center, and he has never been on the left. In reality he has has been a conservative to anyone who is a “radical.” Evidence?
1. A radical would have pushed for a health care plan that was run by the federal government such as Medicare. Instead, Obama created a plan that makes private health care companies making gobs of money. Obama loves the corporate world.
2. A radical would have from day one of his administration pushed for work plans that provided jobs for the unemployed.
3. A radical would simply in 2009 have pushed through an immigration plan–when Democrats controlled Congress– to offer a plan to citizenship for illegal immigrants.
4. A radical in 2009 would have pushed through a plan to lower student loan debts.
5. And, certainly a “radical” would NOT have made tougher the war on drugs that sends thousands to jail.
Barack Obama is a man of the center.