It has become increasingly clear that President Obama lacks knowledge about American history. He needs some old time Irish politicians around him instead of his Chicago buddies who inhabit a world apart from the daily lives of Americans. I suggest that he get a friend to just drive around America, halt in diners and talk with people about their daily lives. The President has thrown down a challenge to Republicans that he will act on immigration. A few months ago when asked about his strategy for ISIS, he responded: “I don’t have one.” Barack Obama must learn to shut his mouth! If you lack a strategy, simply say, “we are close to reaching decisions about deploying Americans but will not do so until we are certain to avoid deaths of our military.” Obama has the power to use his executive power to handle the immigration situation. But, now is NOT the time to do it. What should be his strategy?
1. Inform Republican leaders that he awaits their solutions to the problem and will not do anything until they first have had an opportunity to come up with a plan.
2. Arrange to meet with Republican leaders and ask them to inform him of their plans.
3. Hold weekly press conferences and arrange for the media to ask him about immigration reform. Respond that he awaits Republican action.
4. There are times to be silent and just wait and watch.
5. Do not issue threats.
6. On September 1, 2015 announce that he has waited a year and must now issue an executive decision.