I find most intriguing how so many Republican leaders have never been to war although they pose as heroes from battles they waged. Examine the record:
1. Dick Cheney got several draft deferments during the Vietnam war because he had “more important things to do.”
2. George Bush spent the Vietnam war at home in the National Guard.
3. Scott Walker never entered the armed force.
4. Rudy Giuliani fought the battle of New York City surrounded by a dozen cops and somehow saved the city.
5. Sarah Palin compares firing a weapon at undefended animals as equivalent to being in battle against armed soldiers.
6. Rick Perry compares the battle of the Rio Grande against Hispanic children as a “war.”
These are heroes who saved America.