I was a resident of the state of Missouri for over fifty years and thus know something about the thinking of people who inhabit that state. The state of Missouri consists of two separate nations, one that is found in cities and one that is found in rural areas. Heck, I was the first JEW that teachers in southern Missouri had ever physically encountered and I definitely was the first Jew who introduced bagels and lox to the city of Poplar Bluff. So, it is not surprising that emails from members of the Missouri National Guard who were sent to the city of Ferguson display certain words, terms, and mindsets.
1. “Enemy Forces” refers to those whose skin are black.
2. “Enemy forces” can also refer to white skin people who protest against the killing of black men.
3. An “adversary” is anyone who protests against murder of black folk.
4. “Friendly forces” are those with white skins. Again, only if they do not protest.
5. The enemy somehow is in possession of “counterintelligence capabilities.” I confess, I have no idea what this means. Perhaps, it means that some who believe there is prejudice in Ferguson, Missouri can gaze out the window and see cops brutalizing black skin men.
RACISM is alive in the state of Missouri. As it is in other parts of our great land. Does this mean, all white Americans are Racists? Of course not, but many ARE!