Few, if any Americans, are familiar with the Houthi group in Yemen. Most people in Yemen are of the Sunni Moslem religion, but the Southis are a branch of the Shiite Muslim religion. They constitute about one-third of the population of Yemen and originally took up arms against the government due to its corruption and inefficiency. Along the way of seeking to reform the Yemen government the group turned into a revolutinary force seeking gain control of a nation in which they were a minority.
Let me explain:
1. Originally, the Houthis had no connection with Iran.
2. The US supported the corrupt Yemen government of President Saleh.
3. Then the US decided they did not like Saleh and backed another guy.
4. A main enemy of the Houthis is al Qaeda. The US is also an enemy of al-Qaeda.
5. Iran,being Shiite, is opposed to al-Qaeda.
6. So, Saudi Arabia has been bombing Houthi forces which now have formed an alliance with the ousted President Saleh.
If you can explain this situation, then you belong in Congress since not a single one of those jokers can explain this situation!