Russian opposition leader Boris Nemstov is dead. That we can confirm, but everything else that has been written about this murder is confusing to say the least. According to Russian authorities, if one can ever believe Russian authorities, Zaur Dadayev was the man who killed Nemstov. Everyone agrees that he came from Chechnya and has ties to other people in that land. At this point, the story becomes somewhat murky.
1. Dadayev claims he killed Nemmstov because of religious reasons, Nemstov was Jewish.
2. Dadayev claims he killed Nemstov because the Russian supported Charlie Hebdo.
3. Dadayev claims he killed Nemstov for the $85,000.
4. Dadayev claims there was some sort of power struggle in Chechnya and somehow killing Nemstov was part of the mess.
5. Dadayev claims he had some other guys with him. He had to pay them for the job.
Vladimir Putin wants the world to know he was nowhere near Moscow at the time of the murder. I think he was in Siberia with his tigers.
Oh well, one day, we will get to know who did what and why they did it.