Death is not taking a holiday in Syria. The city of Aleppo for the past few years has been divided between forces representing the Syrian government, and rebel insurgents. Rebels control about 25% of the city and government troops control the other 75%. It is rather a strange situation to have a city divided in the midst of a civil war. Russian planes and Syrian planes are bombing and bombing rebel sectors of the city. They have specifically targeted hospitals, and it is now clear there are no important medical facilities still working to meet the needs of those who are wounded or sick.
A nurse reported the situation: “you cannot imagine what we see every day. Children are coming to us in body parts. We collect the body parts and wrap them in shrouds and bury them.” This is happening in the 21st century, not in the Nazi Holocaust of the 1940s.