Every Republican candidate for President yells the same mantra–Obama refused to leave American soldiers and once they are president there will be more boots on the ground. Not a single one has the faintest idea why a decade after Saddam Hussein was defeated and then executed, there is nothing but chaos in Iraq. So, what went wrong?
1. The Americans disbanded the Iraq Army and allowed one million men to head home with arms. Nothing was done to work with Iraq officers to establish law and order. If there was one thing those dudes understood was how to impose law and order.
2. At the time of 9/11 Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda, at best,numbered about 2,000. The US invasion opened opportunities for al-Qaeda to recruit thousands of followers determined to drive out the infidels. Guess who were the “infidels?”
3. Since day one of the end of Saddam, one corrupt group of Iraq leaders after another group of corrupt leaders has been in charge of Iraq
4. Actually, Joe Biden at the time uttered some common sense– establish a federal concept in which Sunni Iraqis had their own state. This would have destroyed al-Qaeda.
5. Bush folk pushed for installation of Prime Minister Maliki whose goal was to crush Sunnis and allow his pals to get rich while running Iraq.
CORRUPTION STUPIDITY ARROGANCE THE-HELL-WITH-SUNNIS WAS THE MOTTO OF IRAQ GOVERNMENTS.
Yes, Carly,we need more boots on the ground.
Posted in Barack Obama, Conservatives, Democrats, Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, Education, Gender Issues, George Bush, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, Iraq War, Islam, Liberals, Middle East, Military, Multicultural, Muslims, Peace, Religion, Republicans, Ron Paul, United States, US Foreign Policy, War, World News