Liberals in America continually complain about the need to spend more money for our schools in order to ensure that all children have opportunities to succeed in life. During the course of my life I have taught over ten thousand teachers along with about two thousand secondary students. I have taught teachers and students in rural America, the suburbs and in urban areas. The problem confronting American education is NOT lack of money. Look at the record:
In Baltimore, the scene of current conflict state, local and federal sources provide FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for the education of each student. NO nation in the world spends as much upon the education of children. In other words, for each class of 25 students it cost $375,000 for their education. American teachers are the highest paid educators in the world. At present, only 73% of young people graduate from high school compared with over 90% in South Korea. So, what is the problem:
1. The current bureaucracy of education wastes untold thousands upon bureaucrats who was money.
2. Children are taught a curriculum that has no relationship to the world of the twenty first century.
3. Teachers are wasting time teaching for tests rather than teach in order to develop critical and creative thinking.
4. Teachers work in isolation rather than work as members of teams.
5. Teachers lack opportunities to pursue their own critical thinking ideas.
It is time to create smaller schools in which teachers are responsible much as doctors working in a practice with other doctors.
Posted in Barack Obama, Democrats, Don Rumsfeld, Education, Gender Issues, George Bush, Human Rights, john kerry, Liberals, Middle East, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Peace, Politics, Religion, Republicans, Satire, United States, US Foreign Policy, War, World News