Military forces in Yemen stormed a house and freed seven hostages. The hostages had been seized by al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, an outgrowth of the main organization which is fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt and any other place that will allow them to engage in acts of terrorism. Yemen soldiers insist they freed an American officer who was engaged in training Yemen soldiers. The United States government denies that any US soldier was freed because there are no American forces in that nation. This incident has led me to explore other franchises that might be of benefit to anyone reading this blog.
1. We have a franchise for any terrorist group for the city of Ferguson, Missouri. Plenty of opportunities to engage in mayhem and violence.
2. How about the al-Qaeda franchise to attack McDonald’s establishments in Texas?
3. Then again, how about a franchise to sell Wendy hamburgers to those going on a suicide mission. At least their tummy should be full prior to ceasing to be a tummy.
4. As of this point there is no al-Qaeda branch on Wall Street. Then again, it might be too dangerous for al-Qaeda when they encounter our Wall Street sharp shooters.
5. By the way there is no al-Qaeda organization for pre-schoolers. Care to set one up?