OK, it is now over four years since the conflict in Syria began. Quick quiz: how did the conflict begin? Who were the initial actors in the conflict? Who is now fighting in Syria? What exactly is the American policy–today, that is– concerning the situation in Syria? What is the Trump policy in Syria — of course, he first must be able to identify exactly where is the nation of Syria. Donald, it is NOT on the border of Mexico.
In all honesty, I doubt if the most informed Syrian expert could answer the above questions. But, to provide some knowledge, here goes:
1. The US supports Kurdish forces fighting in Syria.
2. Our ally, Turkey, hates these Kurdish forces and wants to wipe them out.
3. Russia, Iran, part of Lebanon are supporting the regime of President Assad.
4. There is something called the Free Syrian Army which hates Assad.
5. There are al-Qaeda groups which are fighting for something.
6. There are ISIS forces which want to create a Caliphate.
7. There are millions of refugees, who just want some peace and quiet.