It is July 4 and a time Republicans learned a bit of American history.
1. None of our Founding Fathers would ever have believed corporations were people!
2. Our Founding Fathers were firm believers that you had a right to adhere to your religion, but you did NOT have a right to impose them on government. Such much for the Hobby Lobby idea that your religious beliefs prevented you from following the law.
3. Our Founding Fathers did understand that some taxes were necessary to deal with government debt.
4. Our Founding Fathers put in the 2nd Amendment to protect MILITIAS not individuals
5. Thomas Jefferson reached out to Federalists in his inaugural address -there was need for parties to work together.
6. Most of our Founding Fathers were not in love with wealthy businessmen.
7. The Constitution was the outcome of COMPROMISES.
8. Our Founding Fathers would be horrified that government could intrude into the homes of citizens. So much for the NSA.