It took fifty years to finally resolve the conflict between Cuba and the US, but it is now over sixty years without a resolution of the conflict between Israel and Palestinians. There is no doubt for most of that time Palestinians lacked leadership willing to resolve the conflict, but there are now Palestinians seeking to achieve peace with Israel. Palestine leaders are asking the United Nations to help resolve their problems with Israel. Here are some suggestions:
1. Israel settlements on the West Bank should be consolidated into an area of about five percent of the land.
2. Israel and Palestine would enter into an economic Union to simulate both economies.
3. A Water Authority would be created to handle this important issue. Jordan could join in handling this issue.
4. A new technology University would be created to bring together Palestinians and Israelis.
5. A joint Israel and Palestinian Armed force would be charged with assuring peace on the West Bank.
6. Israel would pay a billion dollars a year to provide homes for refugees returning to the West Bank.
Some concrete steps for peace.