Leaders of Western nations in Europe have decided not to attend events in Russia being held to remember the end of World War II. The Russians commemorate that finality on a different day in May than what is followed in Western Europe and the United States. So, to show dislike for Russian leader, Vladimir Putin the West will not send anyone to help the Russian people recall the days when there was a great alliance which included the US, England and the Soviet Union. The world would not be what it was, for better or worse if not for the gallant Russians who fought Nazi Germany. Here is the record:
1. At all times in Europe, the Russian army confronted about 70% of the German army.
2. At least 28 million Russians died during World War II.
3. About 300,000 American soldiers died in fighting Nazi Germany.
4. It was Russian troops who dealt one blow after another in the fight to end Nazism.
5. We can not forget what Russians did during those difficult years.
The world owes Russia a debt just as Russia owes a debt of gratitude toward England and the USA. To snub heroes is not being heroic!