Unfortunately, in the real world we can not return to decisions made, and alter what has happened in history. We are stuck with the reality of the past as it impinges on the present. There is no doubt other policies could have been followed when the madness of the Syrian conflict initially began. The decision to invade Iraq initiated a vast gathering together of Muslim fanatics, but that was then, and today is now. It is now estimated that Germany, alone, will witness the arrival of about 800,000 immigrants this year. The seas around Europe now hold the bodies of thousands of men, women, and children, the unlucky ones who never got across the sea. So, what now?
1. Just about every European nation is witnessing the graying of their nation.
2. Just about every European nation needs young workers.
3. Immigrants are NOT a burden, they represent an opportunity for Europe to revitalize itself with youthful workers
4. Europe must initiate a vast worker training program and integrate these young people within their societies.
5. By the way, from 1880-1924, the United States absorbed 20,000,000 immigrants and thus grew wealthier.