Ted Cruz is now the leading Republican expert on the Middle East and he wants to make certain that Jewish billionaire Sheldon Adelson understands there is no better friend of Israel than the dude from the state of Texas. In an interview with the liberal Israel newspaper, Haaretz, Ted blasted the dude from Africa who we know as one, Barack Obama. “I think it is the height of chutzpah for Obama to lecture Israel on Israel values. We should be standing proudly with Israel against the forces of evil that is represented by radical Islamic terrorism.” Ok, Sheldon, heard your words of defiance and hatred toward the evil Barack Obama who hates Israel. As to the West Bank, “I think that is a question for the nation of Israel. Israel is a sovereign nation.”
I realize that I did not go to Harvard, so it might be impertinent for me to lecture the Ivy League graduate about international law.
1. The West Bank was an area of the Mandate of Palestine that was given by the UN to Palestinians when they divided the Mandate in 1948.
2. The West Bank has NEVER been incorporated into the state of Israel, The UN today considers this area to belong to Palestinians.
4. Under the administration of President Barack Obama the state of Israel has been provided with financial assistance to construct a Dome that destroys missiles.
5. Under the administration of President Obama the state of Israel has been provided, each year, THREE BILLION DOLLARS IN MILITARY AID!
6. And, thanks to Secretary of State John Kerry the US in the Security Council refuses to allow statements to be issued to Israel condemning their actions on the West Bank