This blog has been critical of the foreign policy of President Obama. We believe he has lacked an overall foreign policy for the Middle East. However, we admit that his stand on Iran proves that this president has finally demonstrated that he has a backbone and can confront tough issues. He is absolutely correct in working with President Rouhani of Iran in order to end immediate fear of atomic bombs in the Middle East. Of course, at this moment a nation in the Middle East does possess an atomic bomb–ISRAEL. According to Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu the government of Iran should not be frightened because there is a nation which hates Iran and wants its destruction and does possess atomic weapons.
President Obama has refused to cave into fear and hysteria. He has remained calm and focused on the issue of how to work with Iran in order to create some form of stability in the Middle East. The current plan is for delaying any Iran atomic bomb for ten years. If that is achieved than what?
1. Iran would become the scene of a booming modern economy.
2. Social media would be more difficult to control.
3. Foreign companies would be in Iran and they would be hiring Iranians. This would aid women.
4. The current Ayatollah would be dead by that time. No one knows who would follow him.
5. A new Ayatollah would be confronting a booming economic explosion, it would be extremely difficult to halt this process.
THIS is the goal of Barack Obama!