Pope Francis recently made a remark about the possibility that he may not be around for a long time. After all, he is not a young man and his life expectancy indicates a decade of future life for this good man. He now must become concerned about his legacy. Sorry, once in heaven one can not do earthly good deeds. So, what can this good man do before death?
1. He must address the reality that modern Catholics in Europe and the US are simply not on the same page about birth control.
2. He must confront the gap between the Vatican and abortion.
3. He must confront the gap between the Vatican and modern nations on the issue of female role in the church.
What could he do?
1. Select modern thinking men to become Cardinals.
2. Confront the issue of gays openly and welcome them into the church.
3. Remember that it was Catholic churches in America which first integrated churches and schools.
Make some dramatic move about one of these issues!