Israel and Hamas just agreed to another cease fire. In theory this one is allegedly to last four days, or was it five? We suggest the following form of ceasefire:
1. Each side exchanges weapons with the other side.
2. An Israel general assumes command of Hamas while a Hamas dude takes over the IDF.
3. John Kerry organizes soccer games for soldiers on both sides.
4. John Boehner agrees that Republicans will go along with the idea of a ceasefire.
5. John McCain is sent in to Gaza in order to engage in a duel with any Hamas leader who dares to accept his challenge.
6. After six days of non-violence have passed, both sides devote six days in order to fire weapons into the sea.
Then, when peace has reigned for a month, the IDF and Hamas agree to rebuild Gaza!
My ideas are not any crazier than those currently being discussed.
News from Ukraine clearly indicates that forces of the Kiev government are gradually wending their way through eastern regions of the country. Separatists are slowly realizing that most eastern Ukrainians do NOT want to secede and become part of Mother Russia. The so called Donetsk People’s Republic is turning out to be a collection of young men bent on proving their manhood by scaring policemen and intimidating public officials. But, when it comes to confronting men armed with weapons, the chants of “Mother Russia” are replaced with “Mother, please don’t let them kill me!”
The Russian government has arranged with the Red Cross to send in a “humanitarian” convoy whose task is to offer bread and meat to hungry folk instead of words of threat and missiles fired in the air. Putin spokesperson, Dimitry Peskov made clear “it is being sent under the aegis of the Red Cross with the consent of the Kiev government.” My question: Was everything cleared with Vladimir?? I thought he would ride on top of a tank and lead a convoy of destruction. Wonder what happened?