President Recep Erdogan was to last year the prime minister of Turkey, but decided he preferred the role of president in order to pursue his dreams of making Turkey the number one nation in the Middle East. HIs Justice and Development Party assumed power over ten years ago, and ended military rule of the nation. Of course, in pursuit of that goal he has increasingly demonstrated an authoritarian attitude and does not enjoy having anyone contradict his views regarding what is necessary. Vice President Joe Biden has flown to Turkey in an attempt to resolve issues in conflict.
1. Erdogan believes the war against Kurds is THE most important issue in the Middle East.
2. Erdogan believes that if President Bashar al-Assad was removed as head of Syria, then peace and prosperity would return to the Middle East.
3. Erdogan is not impressed with the power of ISIS which he considers a lesser threat than the Kurds.
4. Turkey is allegedly a partner in NATO, but he ignores this body in the Middle East.
5. Erdogan does not like anyone contradicting his ideas, that is why more reporters are in jail in Turkey than in any other nation.
6. Erdogan has refused to work with Greece and Cyprus about issues of oil and gas in the Mediterranean.
Joe, good luck. You will need it when with President Erdogan. He will make Mitch and John and Ted come across as reasonable folks!