There is something ironic in the crushing of an attempt by some Turkish soldiers who wanted to take over the government in order to save what remains of democracy in Turkey. Unfortunately, these rebels lacked any sense of how to conduct a coup and they were cut to pieces by the government of President Recep Erdogan. The President of Turkey has gradually arrested or suppressed the media, has placed in jail more journalists than any other national leader, and begun to re-introduce religious law in a nation that outlawed such legislation over ninety years ago.
Erdogan is the Donald Trump of Turkey. He uses fear of Kurds to arouse people to the need of ending democracy in order to save democracy. With defeat of the coup, it will now be open season on arresting thousands who want a democratic Turkey. This is one success of the Trump fear and loathing political process!
Posted in Barack Obama, bernie Sanders, Conservatives, Democrats, Donald Trump, Education, Gender Issues, Hilary Clinton, Human Rights, john kerry, Liberals, Middle East, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Muslims, Peace, Politics, Religion, Republicans, Turkey, United States, US Foreign Policy, War
I realize that Republicans want to carpet bomb Syria into oblivion, but these days it is mighty hard to figure out who in the hell to bomb. For example:
1. There is the Free Syrian Army which hates President Assad and the Russians.
2. Turkey wants to bomb anti-Assad groups but also wants to bomb Kurds which are anti-Assad fighters.
3. The Russians are bombing enemies of President Assad but sort of ignoring ISIS and al Qaeda.
4. The US, England,France, Jordan and god knows who else is bombing Assad and his allies but not Russian ones.
5. The Democratic Union army is sort of anti-Assad but also anti those fighting Assad.
6. The Iranians help Assad and the Saudis help anti-Assad and also attack some anti-Assad fighters.
We challenge anyone to come up with a score card as to who are the right guys to bomb!
Posted in Barack Obama, bernie Sanders, Christianity, Conservatives, Democrats, Donald Trump, Education, Human Rights, Iraq War, Islam, john kerry, Middle East, Military, Mitt Romney, Multicultural, Muslims, Peace, Politics, Republicans, Ron Paul, Russia, Syria, Turkey, US Foreign Policy, War, World News