There definitely is some good news about the system of justice in the land of China. Let me highlight the strong points of Chinese justice:
1. There are courts in China.
2. There are judges in China.
3. There is a prosecutor in the court room.
4. There is a defense attorney, sometimes, in the court room.
5. There is a person known as the “defendant.”
6. There will be a trial.
7. There will be a decision made as a result of the trial.
Now, the other side:
1. Last year in China there were one million, six hundred thousand cases that were heard. Of these cases, in 199.9% of the verdicts it was GUILTY AS CHARGED.
2. Only in 825 cases was the defendant found to be INNOCENT.
Let me emphasize that in China the duty of the court system is that the rights of the defendant are always paramount. It is crucial to prevent a defendant from going home to his sordid apartment when he can get three meals a day and a place to sleep and pay-NOTHING.