It is April 20, 1953 and we are in the United States of America. It is a rainy day in Chicago, but I assume some place in this fair land, the sun is shining brightly. There are two things that one can always be certain of in this fair land, millionaires are happy and some black man is dead at the hands of some policemen who feared for their lives. The death of Freddie Gray is still unclear. This is what we do know:
1. Mr. Gray was 25 years old.
2. Mr. Gray was in the city of Baltimore.
3. Some cops were riding on bicycles.
4. Mr. Gray did something or spoke something that made police fear for their lives.
5. It is possible that Mr. Gray had a knife in his hands.
This is what we do know:
1. Mr. Gray’s body had three broken vertebrae.
2. According to the family lawyer, William Murphy: “while in custody, his spine was 80%severed at his neck.”
3. Mr.Gray was shoved into police van
4. Mr. Gray is dead after going into coma.
5. The event occurred in Baltimore.
Just another day. Too bad Mr. Gray was not carrying a concealed weapon in the state of Texas. No one would have bothered him!