There are several ideas circulating in Afghanistan on ways to persuade Taliban soldiers to give up violence in exchange for more productive work. A Regional Consultative Jirga is identifying ways in which productive work experiences might persuade those who spend their days and nights killing and worrying about getting killed to try another line of work. Among ideas raised are working at road and bridge building, taking “Deradicalization Classes” and accepting jobs in another Muslim nation.
We have come up with our own version of jobs that might attract Taliban soldiers:
1. Being offered not only a trip to Disneyland, but a job at the amusement park.
2. Becoming a contestant on The American Idol.
3. Picking strawberries in California.
4. Shoveling shit for Rush Limbaugh.
5. Being the man who returns Sarah Palin winks with a wink.
6. Becoming mascot for the New York Knicks and enjoying losing every night.
7. Being a servant to John McCain and saying each day, “John, the Vietnam torture experience was worse than anything the Tea Party can do to you.
8. Getting a Facebook site with 1,000 friends.
9. Serving coffee at the Starbucks of their choice.
10, Designing car bombs for frustrated American Muslims who are tired of listening to the Tea Party rants.
Posted in Asia, Barack Obama, Human Rights, Islam, Military, Multicultural, Muslims, Peace, Politics, US Foreign Policy, War, World News
The Bush administration told the American people we were invading Afghanistan in 2001 in order to wipe out terrorism and to bring democracy to the people of Afghanistan. That was nine long, long, years ago and today after years of fighting, the American government can say with pride, we have a great leader in Kabul named President Karzai, the problem is who is he leading, the people of Afghanistan or himself? A man who controlled the government of Afghanistan and in case after case was found to have manipulated vote counts, now charges election fraud was caused by the United States. He was specifically asked if the “US carried out fraud,” and his response was–and is==”That’s exactly what happened,” the United States carried out a “massive fraud” and transformed a peaceful democratic election into one in which –??? I am confused, who did the US support in this “massive fraud?” Karzai won the vote count so who were the Americans supporting?
There simply is no logic in this man’s discussion of his country or voting. He insists the U’s refuses to recognize “Afghanistan is a sovereign country.” Actually, he is 100% correct. Afghan is a sovereign country and it is led by their sovereign, King Karzai.