Rick Santorum has decided to leave the battlefield of ideas for another place where he can reside in peace and security knowing that he fought the good battle only to lose. At Gettys burg, he madea speech that was about 1600 words longer than the famous Lincoln Gettysburg address. Rick told the audience: “What I tried to bring to the battle was what Abraham Lincoln brought to the battlefield in 1863.” It is clear that Rick has absolutely no idea about the ideas of Abraham Lincoln. For example:
1. Lincoln was the president who introduced the income tax.
2. Lincoln had the Federal government give business $200 million to build the transcontinental railroad– business contributed $600,000.
3. Lincoln took property from busines people and refused to pay compensation, slaves, that is.
4. Lincoln supported religious tolerance to all religions.
5. Lincoln did NOT belong to any organized church.
6. Lincoln introduced the first draft system for military service.