Among the most serious defects of modern political leaders is their failure to function in long term thinking. Just about every important world political leader can not get beyond thinking in terms of next year. We decided it was time our readers got a glimpse into the world of 2050.
1. At this point in time, a majority of people residing in America will NOT trace their ancestry back to Europe.
2. Women will be a majority in college, a majority in key business leadership positions and, hopefully, either a majority of close to it in Congress.
3. We can expect a woman as President.
4. About one fourth of Americans will fall into the category of being of mixed racial backgrounds.
5. Robots or some form of them will handle the vast majority of work in our society.
6. People will live in “smart houses” that make decisions including what to order for dinner tonight.
6. Leisure will be an important component of the American economy.
7. The impact of global change will begin to be apparent even to each and every American.
8. Congress will be investigating as to the nature of life in America in the year 2100. This will be a major issue for all in politics.
9. Viewers will now be able to feel the experience being seen.
10. Education will be handled in small schools which are linked technologically all over the world.
11. Oh, what we now know as “tests” will have long since disappeared from education.
12. A sensible tax rate will now be accepted by most Americans due to the large percent of people past retirement age.
13. Education and work for retired people will be a major focus of society.
14. Life expectancy will now be 100 for most Americans.
15. A major project will be sending people to investigate possible life on Mars.
16. The UN will become the focus of creating a world wide citizenship status that enables an individual to travel and reside in any nation in the world.
17. There will be growing interest in how to create the basis of world wide planning.
18. Use of money will have ceased, everything will be handled electronically. Alas,no more penny.
19. A political party will be formed that seeks to grant robots some form of “rights.”
20. Congressional districts will be created by non-partisan commissions.