I never cease being amazed at attitudes of Republicans when it comes to the issue of money. They are adamant that under NO condition can taxes be raised on the wealthy of this nation because to do so will result in the “job creators” ceasing to create jobs. HOWEVER, there is nothing wrong with reducing pay for retired members of the armed forces. Heck, so you lost a leg, big deal, you can do without a few hundred bucks a month, but for God’s sake, DO NOT REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF MONEY PAID BY WEALTHY TO THE GOVERNMENT! The “gang of six” Republican and Democratic senators are urging using a different formula in order to determine how retired veterans receive in cost of living allowances. The goal is saving $80 billion in cost over ten years. Let me get this straight:
1. The Republican party was enthusiastic for war in Iraq in order to wipe out WMD that never existed.
2. Hundreds of thousands of men and women were sent to fight this war.
3. At least 35,000 were physically wounded, and over 200,000 were mentally wounded.
4. During this war while thousands risked their lives, TAXES WERE REDUCED ON THE WEALTHY.
5. Now that the war is over, let’s have those who fought help pay for it.
6. BUT UNDER NO CONDITION ASK THE WEALTHY WHO MADE MONEY PAY A GOD DAMN CENT!
I assume this is what is termed by members of the Tea Party who backed the Iraq war, compassionate conservatism!