It seems such a long, long time ago that Europeans were disgusted with the presence of George Bush and his nutty war in Iraq. They longed for a new president who would restore the name and reputation of the United States of America as a nation that upheld the ideals of human dignity and respect for law and order. After all, Barack Obama was a former professor of law and had promised to end secrecy in government and respect the rights of other nations. Alas, that was then and today is now. So, what did our gallant fighter for human rights proceed to do–or NOT do?
1. He did not close Guantanamo Bay prison.
2. He did not release all those in the prison who had no charges against them that could be proved in a court of law.
3. He did not end the drone campaign, he EXTENDED IT!
4. He indicted more “whistle blowers” than any prior president.
5. He extended and extended spying on Americans.
Today, only 49% of Germans trust the United States. And, similar figures exist in most nations of the world.