For the moment, only the moment, guns of Gaza have grown silent. For the moment, only the moment, no one is dying in Gaza due to gunfire. There is no doubt, the guns of August will again resume. There is no doubt that others will die. After all, no one can be allowed to live who is a terrorist. Let me make clear that the government of Israel has every right to send troops into areas from whence come death and destruction to the people of Israel. It is a given that ANY nation has the right to wipe out sources of danger to its people. However, there is another question: what comes now? Yesterday in Jerusalem, a bus loaded with Jewish people was subject to an attack. A large yellow excavator driven by a Palestinian turned its shovel and launched it against the bus. One passenger was killed and a few wounded. An Israeli policeman happened to be on the scene and he fired, killed the driver and ended the attack. For the moment, peace reigns in Jerusalem. Just for the moment. However:
1. There will be other such suicide attacks.
2. For each attack upon Jews in Israel there will be retaliatory attacks upon Muslim Palestinians.
3. At some point the situation will escalate. Vigilantes from Israel will attack Palestinians in revenge.
4. For each Jewish revenge attack will come a Muslim Palestinian attack.
5. Finally, the IDF will cordon off areas of East Jerusalem and blast away at centers of terrorists.
And, so on and so on.
Until both sides reach an agreement to establish a Palestinian state!