Ah, the glory days of March, 2003 when beloved President George Bush proclaimed his desire to lead America on a great crusade to end tyranny in the Middle East and bring democracy to the people of Iraq.
At this time in Iraq, women enjoyed equal rights with men and served in business roles as well as doctors and lawyers. Along came George with his warriors to bring “democracy” to the women of Iraq. America assisted in the rise to power of Nouri Maliki who became prime minister. Now, this prime minister of democracy is pushing through a new law, Jaarafi Status Law which assists Iraq females. Among its provisions are”
1. Forced sex by husband is Kosher.
2. Marry off 9 year old daughter is OK.
3. Dad gets kids in divorce. Who else?
4. Beat the hell out of your wife–why not, you are upset?
5. Don’t leave house you females unless male says you can!
According to the Maliki government: “there are those who disagree with this law and we don’t care about them because they are against Islam.” Safia al Fahail, in Parliament: “this law is humiliating to women.”
Thanks so much, George.