An “Academy” somewhere in Russia has proposed that President Vladimir Putin receive the Nobel Prize for peace since he has fought to end wars all over the world. Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has recommended to the Nobel Prize committee that the champion of love and peace is definitely owed recognition for his work. Examine his record if you want proof:
1. He has arrested dozens of people for the crime of being gay or lesbian.
2. He has placed in jail–for their own health–businessmen who somehow do not agree with his views.
3. He has provided weapons of mass destruction to the government of Syria. These weapons are designed to bring peace, not war.
4. He has made a mockery of democracy in Russia.
5. He likes the president of Venezuela.
6. Sing in a church and he sends you to jail–in the name of Jesus Christ.