We inhabit an age in which most Americans rely upon lies, false stories and information that has no connection to reality. So, how about some FACTS:
1. US merchandise trade deficit % of GDP has fallen from: half of one percent in 1945 to one percent when George Bush became president in 2001 to 2% when George Bush left office, AND it remained at 2% during the entire Obama term of office. Question: why no questions about trade deficits while Bush was president?
2. In 2015, General Motors in China sold 372,000 cars in November while selling 253,000 cars in America.
3. Boeing has orders for planes in China over the next twenty years that constitute $500 BILLION.
4. China accounted for 60% of America’s soybean exports between 2003-2015.
5. Iran just signed an agreement to purchase billions of dollars worth of Boeing airplanes.
6. The Peterson Institute estimates a tariff war with Mexico and China would result in the loss of 4.8 million American jobs.
7. At least one third of parts going into “American” produced cars come from Mexico. Raise tariffs on goods from Mexico means raising prices on US made cars.