Lost in the great American debate about illegal or legal immigrants is the broader issue of–Migration. At this very moment there are about 200 million people who have left their homes and sought a better life elsewhere in another nation. The immigrants come from Africa, they come from Latin America, they come from Asian nations, and their destinations are those societies which offer physical labor that citizens no longer which to do, and, they certainly do not want their children using hands to make money. Yesterday, over 500 Africans stormed into the Spanish enclave in North Africa in order to obtain work permits for a European nation. Once an African sets foot in a “European territory” that individual has rights to seek work. Here is the reality:
1. Birth rates are declining in all advanced economic societies.
2. Dirty wok jobs are not desired by native born people.
3. As of this moment, dirty work must be done by a human and since native born refuse to engage in physical work, then immigrants are the only alternative.
4. It is time for a world wide system of migration that directs those from poverty areas to nations that are short of people for physical labor tasks.
5. It is time for the UN to establish such a system.
Oh, fifty or a hundred years from now the robots will handle these tasks, until that day, the world needs immigrants.